4.28.2010

practice makes perfect


We were lucky enough to have our rehearsal dinner at our favorite local Chinese restaurant. It's family owned, super friendly, and incredibly delicious. Since we were having a full chinese buffet for our rehearsal dinner (and our 30something guest list), we though having these fun finger fortunes would be cool as favors.


I designed what I wanted the layout to look like, and the fortunes inside. Then Mel designed the look of them, with just a little bit of direction. I think they came out great, and we were able to connect the kind of feeling that the wedding day would have, during the rehearsal dinner.



The pictures aren't great (with the restaurant's dim lighting), but he also designed a menu that we displayed with the alcoholic drinks available. Since we weren't including any of that for the rehearsal, we wanted something displayed to allow guests to order it for themselves. Something small, but we were really happy we had a few little touches to the rehearsal dinner.

7 comments:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Really fun stuff!
Pictures are just fine too!!!

anna and the ring said...

How wonderful. Such cute touches!

Mrs T said...

I adore that fortune thing. I remember making them as kids.

Mrs T said...

More photos!!! Where are you????

Mrs T said...

Just checking in - hope you're ok!

emily said...

I love the finger fortune favors. Brings back fond memories of my teen years.

Mrs T said...

Back again to pester you... hope you're ok