A lot. And you know what, all that paper can really take a hit to your budget. I mean, I think that invites are super important. To some they are the first impression of your wedding. Plus they show off what kind of style you are going for in your event. But I'm not willing to buy something I "kind of like" for "way too much money."
So for us, it just makes sense to do our own stationary.
1. The groom is going to school for graphic design.
2. It costs much less to do it ourselves rather than hand our money over to Overpriced Wedding Company.
3. We're pretty specific about what we like and don't like.
And this past week we actually spent some time going over stationary ideas, and what we wanted them to look like. Let's say that Mel definitely has his work cut out for him.
Things we are going to do ourselves:
1. Invitations + Response Cards
2. Save the Dates
3. Origami Favors/ Place cards
4. Table Cards
5. Saturday Bash Invitations
6. Ceremony Programs
7. Rehearsal Dinner Menu Cards
8. Thank you cards
I may need to recycle twice as hard this week just to make up for all those poor trees.